Wednesday, March 13, 2013

ER!

ER was a show that for whatever reason I loved it. Which was funny because I can't stand the site of blood...but I watched this show Every chance I got. The show was created by Novelist Michael Crichton and it aired on NBC on September 19, 1994. I don't think I watched it when I was 8, but I definitely got hooked into the show when I got a bit older due to the re-runs. And then I would watch the new episodes later that night.

ER was an awesome medical show, because it wasn't just about the medical procedures and the lives performed, or in some cases lost. It was about the lives of the doctors in County General Hospital. Based in Chicago. The show ran for 15 seasons! It earned 23 Emmy's, 124 nominations. It won 116. IT became the longest-running prime time medical drama in American Television History! I Think that's quite impressive.

Which brings me to my next point. I am currently enrolled in College and I am going for my Medical Secretary Certification. I think do a degree in some way, shape or form ER made me want to do this kind of work. Granted I WILL not be a Doctor or anything, but still. I love watching Medical Shows. I loved ER, I got into House recently (go figure as the show was ending..BUT I'm buying the seasons up) and now I'm into the new Medical Drama; Monday Mornings. I think the show paved the way for other medical shows. I think that's awesome and that's saying something.

I got hooked into the show I think other than the medical drama of it AND...of course George Clooney as a Doctor wasn't too bad either. I loved him as Dr. Doug Ross. He was pediatric doctor and he was in a long time relationship with a nurse; Carol Hathaway. Played by Julianna Marguiles, who I think is a phenomenal actress.

This was the original cast I recall watching.

2 comments:

  1. the actor on the left in glasses played Goose in Top Gun with Tom Cruise as his co pilot,Val Kilmer,and Kelly McGillis to name a few for you!! Val Kilmer was pretty Fit back then!!lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see Top Gun. I loved Goose. :-)

    ReplyDelete