Monday, March 18, 2013

Transformers; Beast Wars

I opted to do Beast Wars because upon looking at the Original Transformers series, it ran from like 1984 till 1990. So personally I am not going to count it on this blog.

So I chose Beast Wars. A co-worker of mine recalled this series when he was younger. Although he was born in 1994, and I have another co-worker who was born in 1993. Basically they made and a couple other co-workers feel Old. Seeing as how when some of these shows were on, THEY were in diapers.

In any event; Beast Wars was similar to Transformers in that you had two waring factions. On one side you had the Predacons; Mostly made up Dinosaurs and some bugs/insect robots. On the other side was the Maximals. Mostly made up of...well...animals. Such as Rattrap and Optimus Primal - Who was an Ape. There were a couple of 'humans' in the show, they were neanderthals though and personally I don't see what they were doing there. I watched for the Dinosaurs, insects and the animals.

This is Rattrap in his animal form.

I liked this series when I was younger. I loved Transformers, and I liked Animals. What a great concept to put them together! The CGI looking back was really bad, but when it first came out it was awesome. Though again looking back, the acting was totally cheesy.

The show premiered on April 22, 1996. It ran until 1999. Spanning 3 Seasons with 52 episodes total.

No comments:

Post a Comment