Monday, March 11, 2013

Power Rangers

I was told by my boyfriend to do the Power Rangers, so here goes;

I watched the show when it first aired in 1993. The show was about a group of teenagers who end up being recruited to save the world. The teenagers were given special coins or medalions. They were able to harness the power of the Dinosaurs with them. Each had a special color and a Zord that went with them. A Zord was a special transformer in a way for the Rangers. For example the Red Ranger had the power over the T-Rex Zord. The Color code back then was; Red, Pink, Yellow, Black, Blue. Later on it added Green. The Green Ranger was changed to White after a while.

With the help of Alpha 5; a Robot who helped out the Power Rangers, he was sort of like Q was for Bond. And of course there was Zordon, who a very long time ago was a powerful wizard...but ended up becoming a floating head in a cylinder glass case.

In the show the Rangers are confronted by Zordon's arch nemesis; Rita Repulsa (Awesome name huh?). She too is a powerful wizard, but she's not a very nice one. She wants to take over Earth and she uses clay figures to send down to Earth. The clay figures were put through a special machine which turned the clay into REAL life monsters that the Power Rangers had to fight.

I think I liked the show because of the aspect of regular teenagers turning into the Rangers and having the ability to use "DinoZords". I was big into Dinosaurs back then. That and Billy; The Blue Ranger's Zord was the Triceratops. I LOVED him. Plus each Ranger brought something different to the table.

The show ran from 1993 to 1995. This was the series I grew up with. I DID watch the movie as well; Mighty Morphen Power Rangers The Movie. I have to say I didn't watch anymore after the movie. I just didn't care for the characters anymore. It was nice to see most of the cast pass the torch on to others. I DID like the new Zords they got in the movie. Such as the Ape (Red Ranger) / Bear (Yellow Ranger) / Wolf (Blue Ranger) / Crane(Pink Ranger) and the Falcon (White Ranger). When combined it created the NinjaMegaZord.


 This was my Favorite Zord;
Triceratops Zord!

This is ALL of the Zords; T-Rex (Top Left) / Mastodon (Center)  / Triceratops (Center) / Pterodactyl (Top Right) / Sabertooth Tiger (Corner Left)

This is the Opening Theme. I STILL LOVE IT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmOzHNgSw6Q

No comments:

Post a Comment