Thursday, March 7, 2013

Gargoyles

Who didn't watch this show?! I loved the Gargolyes! I actually had quite a few of the Action figures as a kid. I had Demona, and Goliath.

The show ran from 1994 (I was 8) to 1997. My sisters and I loved to go play outside with our action figures and pretend to be Gargoyles. Much was created after them; Video games, action figures, and a card game.

I have to say I owned a Sega Genesis for which the video game was created, but to my knowledge I never got it, nor do I own it. So I wish I knew what it was a like to play that. I did however play some odd Monopoly kind of board game, where I know you had to use a tape that came with it and it was played on your VCR and the video kind of dictated how to play. I was too young to comprehend, and I got mad and never played the game again.

I did like how the characters took their name from places within New York City; Hudson / Brooklyn / Lexington / Bronx /  Broadway. Though I have to say I really don't like NY to this day. I've been quite a few times, seeing plays mostly but really New Yorkers can keep it! It's just too much for me, so in a way I felt like how the Gargoyles must have felt when they awoke nearly a millennium later.




No comments:

Post a Comment