Friday, March 8, 2013

Goosebumps (The Tv show)

Yes, I'm following up Are you Afraid of the Dark? With Goosebumps. I loved, loved, loved this show.....Although some of the episodes scared the crap out of me! Such as the Episode with Slappy the Dummy...OMG...I don't think I slept for a WEEK!

And actually the one with the Haunted Mask?.........Yea..........I don't think I slept at all as a child when I saw this. YET.....I kept watching every night, or week or whatever. The show ran from 1995 - 1998. So from 9 years old to I would say maybe...10-11 I didn't sleep. I slept with one eye open and the night light on in my room.

Anyways, the show was based off of the books written by R.L. Stine. I really enjoyed the books as a kid. I had quite a few of them. I forget now which ones I had, but I enjoyed them....until they started doing those "Choose your own adventure" books....KINDA dumb. I get the concept, but looking back I guess he was just lazy. Course how much more crap could he write by that time anyways?

In any event, what I found amusing about the show was that the show was Rated GB-7...because it may be too spooky for children under seven. So of course I took that to heart as a child and would yell at my sisters to leave the room because they would get scared and go cry to mommy....When I was the one sleeping with a night light and a teddy bear at the end of the night.



This is the Intro that I had as a kid, although this is not the Full version, but it's close enough. :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC3kue_C35g


As for the book series...well.....they started in July 1992. And here's a link if you wanted to know ALL of them. Although there is one set that was never released.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Goosebumps_books

No comments:

Post a Comment